About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
find me on Twitter - @Kbentham and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/katie.bentham

Sunday 7 October 2012

Ellie Goulding live @ the Jazz Café, Camden



At 6pm on Friday night I get a text from a friend;

'What are you doing tonight, reply ASAP! x'

I was in the process of cooking roast pork, and had Lord of the Rings at the ready.

'Chuck it in the bin, I have a spare ticket to see Ellie Goulding x'

As quick as I could, I made it to the Jazz Cafe in Camden just on time. Now if you've ever been to the Jazz Cafe, which I hadn't, it's pretty amazing. The venue is tiny, only accommodating 350 people, which means the was a very intimate gig. Just as we walked through the door, Ellie came out...and she was incredible. She has to be one of the most talented singers around, she silences a whole room with her voice. 



As it was such an intimate gig, I thought she wouldn't play her classic's, but she wowed everyone by playing Lights, Starry Eyed and a very special acoustic version of Guns and Horses. She also played her new song, Explosions, which you should definitely check out.

Iv'e never seen Ellie Goulding live before, but after Friday night, I would definitely go again if another opportunity arose. She's talented, cool, gorgeous, polite and sweet...Skrillex doesn't know how lucky he's got it!


No comments:

Post a Comment