About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
find me on Twitter - @Kbentham and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/katie.bentham

Friday 26 October 2012

Django Django Live @ The Ritz, Manchester


Iv'e been waiting to see Django Django for a while, by the time I realised I wanted to see them that bad, they had sold out their venues in London! I even bidded for a ticket on ebay to see them alone, but unfortunately missed out, and then realised I'm pretty sad. Anyway I had a week off and some friends in Manchester kindly bought me a ticket to see them at the HMV Ritz. 

They were supported by Egyptian Hip Hop, who I hadn't researched, but there were pretty decent! However are neither Egyptian...nor hip hop. They are sort of 80's synth music with good beats. For one of the songs, the lead singer very bravely got into the crowd and sung the whole song from within in. 

Egyptian Hip Hop

I have just got a Sony DSLR A200 as a present from my dad, but unfortunately know nothing about photography! I did however manage to sweet talk my way into bringing it into the venue, but out of about 30 snaps, there was only one decent one of Django Django! 



They were very good live, however it seemed they only found their feet after a couple of songs, this is not a bad thing though I feel, as it only made them sound better! I love the Ritz as a venue because it's neither too small or too big, and I easily managed to squeeze to the front for a couple of photo attempts. They kicked the gig off with the clear choice of Introduction, which was a cracking opening. As they only have one album out, they managed to fit all of their songs into the hour set. My personal favourite was WOR, the western cowboy guitar rift was amazing live and got everyone in the crowd moving. Default was a tad disappointing live, but this could be because it's my favourite and the song that first got me into them, so my expectations were vey high!







If you missed out on tickets for the tour, then I feel for you, because you missed out. If not, you're in for a treat!








No comments:

Post a Comment