About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
find me on Twitter - @Kbentham and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/katie.bentham

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Rest In Peace Lou Reed


I was lucky enough to have been bought up listening to some of the greatest artists to ever walk this earth, such as the likes of The Rolling Stones, Tina Turner and one of my personal favourites, Lou Reed.




The 27th of October 2013 was a very sad day in the music world, as one of the most influential and talented artists to ever have lived, sadly passed away. He died at the age of 71 from liver-related ailment.

However I don't want this blog to focus on his passing, but on the incredible music this man created.



"The first Velvet Underground album only sold 10,000 copies, but everyone who bought it formed a band."
 - Brian Eno

The above album has had such a huge influence on me as it was one of the main albums my parents would listen to whilst I grew up, I just want to remind everyone of the incredible songs he wrote and how they had such a large influence on many other artists, even if he didn't know it. 

So if you do anything this week, make sure it's listening to this album to remember this talented human being. 



David Bowie, Iggy Pop & Lou Reed
The Velvet Underground & Andy Warhol

No comments:

Post a Comment