About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
find me on Twitter - @Kbentham and Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/katie.bentham

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Wolf Alice




Whilst taking a two year hiatus from my blogging I've been listening to a lot of these guys (and doing a little snowboarding). I heard them a couple of years ago, I'm not even sure how...
Anyway, this blog's been a couple of years in the making, and I think their long awaited album is worth the wait.


The first song that caught my attention was Fluffy is still one of my favourites, and can also be heard on their new released album My Love is Cool. However the album version is not nearly as good as the original they released, which is more fast paced and raw. Their music style flitters between quite a laid back style to some heavier alternative rock. Their single Moaning Lisa Smile (what you're hopefully listening to as you read) was released in May last year on their Creature Songs EP, is a killer. Being one of their heavier tracks, is right up my street and I fell head over heels with it. Storms, also from Creature Songs is incredible, and personally better than anything from their debut alum My Love is Cool. 


Before you do purchase the album I recommend listening to their work from a couple of years ago. Although their debut album is top notch, I personally feel it's not as good as the other stuff that didn't make it onto the album. She was released in October 2013 and is completely underrated as well as Blush and Wednesday. The music videos the band created for She and Blush are pretty amusing, involving a cross-dressing male.

As for their album My Love is Cool, it is softer that what originally made me adore them, but nevertheless, very good. Bros has been polished a tad for the album, and not as good as the original it has to be said, which is the same problem as Fluffy. But don't pass on the chance to sink your teeth into Giant Peach and You're a Germ.


 They are currently on their UK tour (well done if you got tickets) before heading to the states, then back to Manchester for a special Halloween show and then to take on Europe.
Whist attending the Sŵn festival in Cardiff just after hearing them I discovered they were playing, one of my biggest regrets has been "not borthering to see them because the que was too long".

No comments:

Post a Comment